Everyone has a different experience with Windows. Some people want all of their icons to be placed on the screen for easy access, while others want a blank desktop to look nice.
As in previous versions of Windows, Windows 11 also allows you to delete all system icons on the desktop except for the Recycle Bin. Here I will show you How to Find, Hide, and Show Recycle Bin on Windows 11 PC and Laptop.
What is the trash can?
If the user deletes the contents, these files will not be permanently deleted from Windows. Instead, it is saved in a folder called the Trash. Hence, the Recycle Bin can easily be defined as the place to temporarily store deleted files. It has various advantages and uses.
- Firstly, the deleted files or folders are not permanently deleted, but are stored in them.
- Second, if you accidentally deleted a file or folder, it acts as a safe folder so you can get the files back up.
- Third, you can restore the deleted files to their original location.
- Fourth, the content will stay there until you remove it permanently.
- Fifth, when your PC runs out of space, Windows will automatically delete old files from the Recycle Bin to make more space.
How to find the Recycle Bin in Windows 11
You can find the Recycle Bin location in Windows 11 by following the methods given below.
- Desktop: The Recycle Bin only creates a shortcut on the desktop when Windows 11 is installed. You can access the deleted content by clicking this link directly.
- Run the command prompt: If you can’t find the Trash folder on your desktop, you can also find it from the Run prompt. Press Windows and the R key at the same time to open the Run command. Open a run prompt, type “explorer.exe shell: RecycleBinFolder” and press Enter. RecycleBinFolder“And press Enter.
- Using Windows 11 File Explorer: If you don’t have a recycle bin on your desktop or if it’s difficult to access from the command prompt, you can access it from Windows Explorer. In most cases, the path to the recycle bin is My Computer> C drive> Trash. You can find the Windows 10 Recycle Bin by going to the address bar of Explorer and “waste paper bin“.
How to show and hide the Recycle Bin in Windows 11
In Windows 11, you can delete all system icons on the desktop except for the trash can icon. If you don’t want the Recycle Bin to appear on Windows 11’s screen, or if you’ve deleted it and want to view it again. You can show and hide the Recycle Bin by doing the following:
How to hide the recycle bin in Windows 11
If you want to hide the Recycle Bin or other icons on the Windows 11 desktop, follow these steps:
- To start, use Windows + me to open the Windows 11 settings.
- Next, find the personalization Option and tap to open it. (or just right click on the desktop and then tap Personalize).
- Then tap on the Topic option from the list.
- Tap on Settings for desktop icons.
- Now you will see a window with desktop icons in it. If you want to hide now, just uncheck the box.
- When you’re done, tap Apply and then press OK.
How to view the Recycle Bin in Windows 11
If you’ve hidden some system icons like the Recycle Bin in the past and now want to show or unhide them on the Windows 11 desktop. Follow the steps below:
- Press Windows + me to open the settings under Windows 11.
- Click on personalization from the list.
- Now tap on Settings for desktop icons.
- In order to display the recycle bin, simply activate the check box in front of it.
- Tap on Apply and then click on OK.
This is a great way to find, hide, and show the Recycle Bin in Windows 11. The Recycle Bin is a useful feature in Windows, but sometimes you might not want it to appear on your screen or you might want your deleted files to be less accessible. You can just follow the steps above.
- How to turn off notifications on your Windows 11
- How to activate Windows 11 permanently for free
- Here’s how to set Chrome as the default browser in Windows 11
- How to open the Control Panel on Windows 11