As we all know, a picture is worth a thousand words, as are emojis. Emojis are very useful for expressing emotions and helping you get your point across when communicating with others. So, in this guide, you will learn Access and use emojis in Windows 11 using 2 different methods, and also new updates in the Windows 11 Emoji keyboard.
If you are using an Android or iOS phone, you can just use or type emojis as you will find a special function and option there on the keyboard. However, when it comes to Windows 11, you have a hidden emoji feature on hand and you don’t know anything about it. But don’t worry, you can find out here.
What is the meaning of emojis?
Emojis are an important part of our daily online communication. All processed messages end with emoticons or insert them in sentences. Not only do emoji improve the nature and intensity of our online emotions, they also eliminate the need for words. You can say a lot with the fewest words.
Such a comprehensive part of digital linguistics should be an integrated feature on every digital device and platform as it is! You can also get emojis on your Windows 11 computer that allow users to easily choose from a list of Unicode emojis instead of scrolling through emoji-based pages to copy and paste emojis. It can be used throughout the operating system and has nothing to do with the site or application you are currently using.
What’s new in the Windows 11 Emoji Keyboard?
In addition to the updates Windows 11 brought with it, such as widgets for easy access, snap layout for multitasking, and Dynamic Refresh Rate to save battery life, Windows 11 also gives you more options for adding emojis to keyboard ends with emojis and symbols. No more and no less. Windows 11 adds more to this area. With updated icons, more categories, and better emojis, a layer of convenience has been added to the latest Windows update, from looks to being able to smoothly choose the right emojis.
Here is the list of updates added to the Windows 11 Emoji Keyboard:
- Better Search Section: The Windows 10 keyboard used to have a magnifying glass icon that indicated a “Search” button. Windows 11 simplifies the emoji search process. There is now a direct search box and a search icon in place of the last one. This “search” is general in the first window and becomes specific to each section.
- Better availability of options: All categories in the emoji keyboard are represented by separate icons located at the top of the keyboard window. In addition to the general groups above, Windows 10 also has this grouping at the bottom of the emoji keyboard. The Windows 11 keyboard has a clean and tidy layout.
- GIFs: A range of emojis, emojis, and symbols that are commonly used in Windows 10, now there’s a new member to the list, GIF! Windows 11 offers a GIF section on the emoji keyboard! Users can now search for GIFs such as emoticons, emoticons, and symbols just as easily. In addition, many graphical interface formats are available.
- Better emojis: Windows 11 emoji keyboard emojis are bigger and better. They’re more dynamic than Windows 10 options. In addition, the layout of the emoji list is spaced apart, which avoids confusion and makes it easy to identify and use.
- Clipboard history: The Clipboard History button is a new feature on the Windows 11 Emoji Keyboard. This is unprecedented. This button saves all recently copied information in text and visual form. This simplifies the later use of this stored information.
- Better mobility: With the help of short horizontal lines or dashes at the top of the keyboard, you can easily move the new emoji keyboard around the screen.
- More options: Every part of the keyboard has a clear view. The update makes all aspects of the emoji keyboard very easy to use. Every aspect of this feature is divided into sections (Emoji, Emoji, Symbols, and GIF).
2 quick ways to access and use emojis in Windows 11
Expressing emotions with emojis is a lot of fun and engaging. As of the new operating system update, Windows 11 offers native support for emojis and can be used on a keyboard or a touchscreen. This guide introduces two methods of entering, using, and adding Emojis under Windows11:
Method 1: Use and enter emojis in Windows 11 using keyboard shortcuts
Windows 10 has a hidden emoji selection that can be used to enter emojis into any application, including desktop programs like Google Chrome. It is available by pressing a key combination.
Follow the steps below to use emojis in Windows 11:
Step 1. To access emojis on Windows 11, press Windows key + period (.) or Windows key + semicolon (;). Using both keyboard shortcuts will bring up the emoji keyboard.
Step 2. Once the emoji keyboard is open, you can tap that Smiley icon or arrowhead pointing to the right to view the emoji list.
Step 3. Now in Windows 11, you can add an emoji to your text file by choosing one from the emoji list or by searching for emojis. To search for an emoji, enter a single word that represents the emotion, activity, or feeling in the. best describes Search box.
Step 4. Next, select your preferred emoji by clicking on it with the mouse pointer or use the navigation keys (arrows) on your keyboard to highlight the emoji you want to use and press Enter.
With the emoji keyboard by your side, you can insert as many emojis as you want. It never goes away unless you want to close it. You can also change the type of emojis, change the search terms or keywords, and apply different emojis. The emoji keyboard holds up to anything.
Method 2. Use and enter emojis in Windows 11 using the on-screen keyboard
You can also access emojis using the touch keyboard in Windows 11. So if you use a software keyboard on the touchscreen, you can enter emojis. It’s like using the keyboard to type emojis on other modern mobile devices like iPhone, Android phones, and iPad.
To use emojis in Windows 11 via the touch keyboard, follow the steps below:
- To open the touch keyboard, search for Touch keyboard in the Windows 11 Start menu and tap on it. You can use the touch keyboard to access emojis in Windows 11.
- Now you can tap the emoji icon next to the space bar and the alphabetic keys will be converted into the emoji keyboard.
- Next, just go to any text editor app like Word, WordPad or any social media app and paste in whatever emojis you want to use.
That’s all about using the touch keyboard to use or enter emojis in Windows 11.
These were the 2 different and easy methods to access, type and use emojis in Windows 11. You can either use the keyboard shortcuts or the touch keyboard key to access emojis. In Windows 11, you can use the emoji keyboard to search for emojis, GIFs, and symbols and use them in any app like MS Word or websites like Facebook.
- How to Change Your Hosts File on Windows 11 PC with Ease
- How to change your PC or laptop name in Windows 11
- How to hide recommended files from Windows 11