Windows 11 system requirements
|Processor:||1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with 2 or more cores in a compatible 64-bit processor or system on a chip (SoC)|
|RAM:||4 gigabytes (GB)|
|Storage:||64GB or larger storage device
Note: See “More information about storage space to keep Windows 11 up to date” below for more details.
|System firmware:||UEFI, Secure Boot Capability|
|TPM:||Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0|
|Graphic card:||DirectX 12 or later compatible with WDDM 2.0 driver|
|Monitor:||High definition (720p) display over 9 ”diagonal, 8 bits per color channel|
|Internet connection and Microsoft accounts:||Windows 11 Home edition requires Internet connectivity and a Microsoft account to complete device setup on first use.
Switching a Windows 11 Home device into S mode also requires internet connectivity.
For all editions of Windows 11, Internet access is required to perform updates and to download and take advantage of some features. A Microsoft account is required for some features.
Specific feature requirements for Windows 11
Some Windows 11 features have higher requirements beyond those listed in the minimum requirements section above. Here are some additional details about the key feature requirements:
- 5G support requires a 5G capable modem.
- Auto HDR requires an HDR monitor.
- BitLocker to go requires a USB flash drive (available in Windows Pro and higher editions).
- Hyper-V client requires a processor with Second Level Address Translation (SLAT) capabilities (available in Windows Pro and higher editions).
- Cortana It requires a microphone and speaker and is currently available in Windows 11 for Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Spain, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
- DirectStorage requires an NVMe SSD to store and run games that use the “Standard NVM Express Controller” and a DirectX12 GPU with Shader Model 6.0 support.
- DirectX 12 Ultimate It is available with compatible graphics chips and games.
- Presence requires a sensor that can detect human distance from the device or the intention to interact with the device.
- Smart video conferencing requires video camera, microphone and speaker (audio out).
- Multiple Voice Assistant (MVA) requires a microphone and speaker.
- Break Three-column layouts require a screen 1920 effective pixels or wider.
- Mute / Unmute Taskbar requires video camera, microphone and speaker (audio out). The app must support the feature to enable global mute / wake feature.
- Spatial sound Requires supporting hardware and software.
- Equipment requires video camera, microphone and speaker (audio out).
- Play requires a display or monitor that supports multi-touch.
- Two factor authentication requires the use of PIN, biometric (illuminated infrared camera or fingerprint reader), or a phone with Wi-Fi or Bluetooth capabilities.
- Voice typing requires a PC with a microphone.
- Wake on Voice Requires a Power Model and Modern Standby Microphone.
- Wi-Fi 6E Requires new WLAN IHV hardware and controller and Wi-Fi 6E compliant AP / router.
- Windows Hello requires a camera configured for near infrared (IR) imaging or a fingerprint reader for biometric authentication. Devices without biometric sensors can use Windows Hello with a Microsoft-compatible PIN or portable security key.
- Windows projection Requires a display adapter that supports Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) 2.0 and a Wi-Fi adapter that supports Wi-Fi Direct.
- Xbox (application) requires an Xbox Live account, which is not available in all regions. Check Xbox Live Countries and Regions for the most up-to-date availability information. Some features of the Xbox app will require an active Xbox Game Pass subscription.