Download Roku App for PCHere I share the complete process to download, install and use this remote control on a Windows computer.
Streamlining without limits was not so easy before. The introduction of Roku has changed the aspects of online streaming to a greater extent.
|28 January 2024
|Windows 7, 8 or 10
The Roku PC app not only provides unlimited access to content on the world wide web, but also ensures users the safety of their saved data.
This mobile app was designed to help Roku access and gain the best control over Roku player and Roku TV effortlessly. Roku Mobile App is the official Roku remote that is being released by Roku Inc.
Entertainment for easy control of Roku devices. It is a kind of digital media player that was released on May 20, 2008 and works efficiently on Roku operating systems.
Millions of Roku users around the world currently use the Roku PC and mobile app. It is a perfect app that makes it easy for you to control your Roku devices like the other remotes do.
Now you can easily stream a wide range of hit movies, watch your favorite TV shows, and do so much more with the Roku Channel effortlessly.
The best thing about this wonderful app is that it is designed to be compatible with both Android and iOS devices.
You can now easily search using English voice controls on the Roku PC app. Accessing it is quite easy and it will not take you long to fully understand it.
You just have to connect your Roku device with your smartphone and once done, you can get complete control over it.
From streaming videos to entering text on your Roku device, it’s all conveniently accessible with this wonderful app.
Watch Roku on PC (Computer) → Method 1
Now, to install this free remote control app on our PC, we need to use Android emulator because there is no official version available on Windows or Mac Store.
Follow the step by step process to install the Roku app on our Windows computer or PC.
- First, we need an android emulator, you can use any of its options, but here I am going to use bluestacks.
- Download the emulator from the official website, install it on your PC and complete the Google login process.
- Next, open the Play Store app and search for the Roku app on PC and select the official app.
- Click on the install button and it will automatically start installing this free remote control app on your emulator.
- Once the app is installed, you can see the Roku icon on your desktop, click on it to launch the app.
- The app screen will look like the screenshot below, but may be different if you are using a different version.
So, this is the first method to download the Roku app for PC and we install it directly from the Google Play Store. The Roku app installation process is the same for Windows and Mac users.
Here I have covered some frequently asked questions that can help you download or use Roku on your PC.
First, from the menu, select the option Connect manually, enter the IP address of your device and tap on the connect button.
Yes, you can watch all channels on your PC but for that, you need to install this app on PC with the help of Android emulator.
Yes, this is a control app available on Google Play Store and Apple App Store. You can download and use it to control your Roku devices.
If you can. First, download the Android emulator on your PC, and then install this app on the emulator from the Google Play Store.
Yes, it is available for free, but not everything. There are some premium channels and you have to pay to access them.
Hope you got your answers about this tv app from above FAQ.
Download Roku App for PC (Windows) → Method 2
You may get an error when downloading the Roku app from the Play Store.
So, in this method, we will use the apk file of this free remote control app and install it on the emulator.
- The first step is to download, install and open the Android emulator and complete all the other steps.
- You can skip the Google login process because we are going to use the Roku apk file to install the app.
- Next, get an apk file, drag and drop the file to the Android emulator to start the installation.
- It will start the installation of Roku on PC when we install the app on our Android devices.
- Once installed, you can use this free remote control app on PC. As we discussed in our previous method.
This is how we can install Roku on a Windows computer with an apk file. But only use this method if you have problems with the first method.
Roku App Features for PC
Whether you’ve lost your Roku remote or are willing to get a remote for it that you can comfortably carry around with you.
- The Roku PC and Mobile App is a wonderful app that will provide complete control over your Roku devices.
- It is one of the best apps for Roku devices that features a wide range of wonderful features like:
- The app is designed to be quite simple, unique, and interactive, making it easy for users to access it conveniently.
- Here, users can stream unlimited hit movies and can watch different TV shows effortlessly with the Roku channel.
- The Roku app gives users the freedom to enjoy private listening through headphones as well.
- Users here can freely access control of Roku devices through voice search or keyboard.
- The Roku mobile and PC app gives users the freedom to control Roku devices effortlessly.
- One can easily add different channels and can launch them on their Roku device effortlessly.
- Users here can now easily stream videos, photos, and music to their TV through the Roku mobile app.
- The Roku app for PC offers users the freedom to opt for free subscription-based access through different channels.
So guys! Get control over a wide range of Roku devices just by using your smartphone. Just keep an eye on the availability of the channels in your country. And then decide the subscription with which you are willing to accept.
Also check out the process of installing Firefox Focus, Smule and GoPro apps on PC that we have covered in our previous articles.
I hope now you can download the Roku App for PC and use it on your Windows and Mac computer. If you still have any questions about this free remote control app, please let me know in the comment box.