Do you want to use dark mode on your Windows 11 PC? And do you think dark mode is way cooler than light mode? I have to say yes. It is obvious that Dark Mode is also available in Windows 11. In this post you will find out How to enable and disable Dark Mode on a Windows 11 PC and laptop through Settings. But first, let’s know why you should be using dark mode.
Why use dark mode?
Dark mode is the display setting of the user interface (e.g. a smartphone or laptop). This means that instead of the standard dark text (also known as how “Light mode”) on a light screen, light text (white or gray) is displayed on a dark or black screen. However, the default setting for most phones and applications is light mode.
For some users, the screen is more visually appealing in dark mode and can reduce power consumption. On the Google Pixel, which was equipped with an OLED screen in 2016, displaying white at maximum brightness consumes around 6 times more electricity than pure black. In addition, you cannot see the dirt on the screen surface.
At the same time, many people have switched to dark mode on their devices. Some say it is aesthetically better and some say it is easier on the eyes. As with the other operating systems, Windows first introduced the dark mode feature in Windows 10. And now that you have Windows 11 at hand, you can easily use Dark Mode on your PC too, simply by going through the settings that you will learn below.
Steps to enable and disable dark mode on Windows 11 through Settings
Sometimes dark mode seems like the better option for you, and sometimes it gets annoying. People change and their tastes change with them. Below are the steps to enable and disable dark mode on your Windows 11 computer.
Enable dark mode on Windows 11
You can easily activate Dark Mode in the Settings app with a few simple clicks.
- To enable dark mode, tap the begin click the button the settings Icon or search for “Settings” and open it.
- Next open the “personalization“On the start screen of the” Settings “app.
- Now tap on Colours from the left sidebar.
- On the Colors page, a drop-down menu with the label “Choose your color” will be shown.
- Finally tap on “dark“In the drop-down menu.
Alternatively, you can use the option “Custom“Option. This option allows you to activate dark mode specifically for Windows elements or applications.
Disable dark mode on Windows 11
- To turn off dark mode, tap the too begin Key and open the the settings Window.
- Next open the “personalization“Page from the settings page.
- Then tap Colours from the left sidebar.
- On the Colors page, you will see a drop-down menu that says “Choose your color”.
- Now select “light“From the drop down menu. If you choose that, you can just turn on the light mode.
Extra tip: When your favorite color mode is on, you can also choose an accent color that matches the theme: click to do so Color> accent colour. Now you can choose from predefined Windows colors or tap on Freely selectable color to choose one from the RGB picker.
Voila, this is how you can enable and disable dark mode on Windows 11 using the settings. After you’ve successfully turned on dark mode and selected an accent color on your Windows 11 computer! Which do you prefer, light mode or dark mode? Let us know in the comments below. Good luck!
- How to enable dark mode in Microsoft Office on Samsung
- How to add and remove widgets in the system tray on Windows 11
- How to split your screen into 2, 3 and 4 sections on Windows 11