Like any other modern application, Microsoft Teams supports light and dark modes. If you want to chat with your friends and family at night, it is best to put the app in dark mode as it can reduce eye fatigue to some extent. And for days it is better to have the light theme. In this guide we will show you How to turn dark mode on and off in Teams Chat on a Windows 11 PC or laptop.
What is Teams Chat in Windows 11?
Microsoft has already started rolling out Teams Chat for some users running the latest version of Windows 11 Dev Preview. The chat integration in teams is very nice. It is natively compatible with the operating system, so users can get features like direct replies through the notification banner or notification center. Teams Chat is also in the middle of the system tray for users.
With the Teams chat application, Microsoft enables users to connect with anyone anytime, anywhere, regardless of their platform, as the Teams application is available for all desktop and mobile platforms.
Ultimately, companies should use Microsoft Teams because it is very easy to use and can make the working environment easier between remote users or within large companies. Projects, productions and other business projects can benefit from Microsoft Teams.
Enable and disable dark mode in Teams chat on Windows 11
Enable dark mode in the Windows 11 Teams chat app
In general, almost all applications follow system-defined themes to improve usability. However, if your operating system is running in a light theme, the Teams application may need to be running in a dark theme.
- To enable dark mode in Teams, tap the ‘Teams chat‘Icon in your system tray.
- Then tap the ‘Open Microsoft Teams‘Option from the bottom of the overlay window.
- Now tap on the symbol (three horizontal dots) in the title bar of the Teams app window.
- Then click on the ‘settings‘ Opportunity.
- Then tap on the ‘Appearance and accessibility‘Option in the left sidebar.
- Then click on the ‘Dark‘Thumbnail to select the dark theme and the changes should be reflected immediately.
Turn off dark mode in the Windows 11 Teams chat app
- To turn off dark mode in Teams Chat, tap the ‘Teams chat‘Icon in your system tray.
- Click on the ‘Open Microsoft Teams‘ Opportunity.
- Now click on the ellipse symbol (three horizontal dots).
- Tap the ‘settings‘Option from the overlay menu.
- Click on the ‘Appearance and accessibility‘ Opportunity.
- Then click the Light thumbnail to select the Light theme.
That’s it guys! So, you can enable or disable dark mode in the Microsoft Teams app to reduce eye strain or just for aesthetic reasons, the choice is yours. Hope you found this article useful. If you have any questions about the steps above, please let us know in the comments section below. Much luck! 😊
- How to enable or disable Microsoft Edge Efficiency Mode in Windows 11
- Here’s how to enable Remote Desktop on Windows 11 with ease