Would you like to spice up your writing with a custom font? In this guide, we are going to show you two easy and quick methods to download and install fonts on a Windows 11 PC or laptop.
Windows has always had a lot of configuration and customization functions, so Windows 11 naturally continues this trend. If, after installing a fresh copy of Windows 11, you want to personalize your PC and add some extra charm, changing a number of different fonts for Office might be the solution.
Supported fonts in Windows 11
These are the most common fonts and work with almost any program on Windows 11. When you download a font, make sure that the font that the creator supplied is in at least one of the formats listed below.
- Open type (.otf)
- TrueType (.ttf or .ttc)
- PostScript (.pfb or .pfm)
Method 1. Download and install fonts on Windows 11 from the web
- To add a font, download a font file (preferably .ttf or .otf) from one of the websites below and save them to a location on your Windows 11 PC or laptop.
- Google fonts
- Font squirrel
- Abstract fonts
- 1001 fonts
- Urban fonts
- Once the download file is zipped, simply unzip or extract the font files.
- New, find the file of the downloaded font and right click on it.
- Then click on the ‘Show more options‘.
- Finally, tap on the ‘To install‘to install the custom font on your Windows 11 computer.
- That’s it! The system will automatically install your font.
Method 2. On Windows 11, download and install fonts from the Microsoft Store
This method allows you to download and install your fonts from the same location.
- To add fonts through the Microsoft Store on Windows 11, you must first open the Microsoft Store.
- Next, look for ‘Fonts“In the search bar. Once you get the recommendations, click Fonts – Discover new fonts.
- Now you’ll see a wide variety of fonts, both free and paid. All you have to do is choose one that catches your eye and tap on it.
- Now just click Free to install the free ones on your PC or laptop.
- Finally, after it’s downloaded, just tap begin to install it.
And that’s it! Your fonts are now loaded and can be used on your computer. Remember, you can use any of the methods above to install or add fonts to your computer. Both methods are pretty straightforward. Also, if you want to know how to remove an unwanted font from your Windows 11 computer, click here.
How to enable and disable dark mode in Teams chat on Windows 11