With the death of the old compact disks, you can now store and transfer your files and data on your computer using USB flash drives. Plus, instead of using those old-fashioned CDs, you can now easily create a bootable USB installer for macOS Catalina on a Windows 10 PC or laptop. You can find many methods to create a bootable USB installer for macOS Catalina.
You can create a USB installer with CMD using some kind of code and without the help of third party software. But there is a downside that codes are boring and most people hate them.
So we’ve done a lot of research and found the three best and new methods you can use to create a macOS Catalina USB installer on a Windows 10 PC and laptop. You can follow the steps below to easily create a USB installer with the help of third-party software in case you don’t like the CMD method.
How to create a bootable USB installer for macOS Catalina on a Windows 10 PC
Bet you are interested in Clover EFI software, which has been one of the most popular ways to create USB installers for any operating system. But we have some pretty new methods for you with some of the best software out there, which is great.
This software is pretty simple and easy to use and only takes a few minutes to burn the ISO or DMG file to the USB stick. And you get a macOS Catalina USB installer that allows you to easily install macOS Catalina on multiple devices. So let’s start now.
But before you begin, make sure you’ve downloaded the macOS Catalina DMG file. If not, you can download it here.
Method 1. Create a macOS Catalina USB installer on Windows 10 via the UltraDMG app
UltraDMG is software that can be used to create a macOS bootable USB installer on Windows 10. This software can be used on both Windows 10 devices and Mac devices. The UltraDMG software therefore also supports these media.
Just like the other software, UltraDMG has a simpler and simpler user interface and anyone with a basic understanding of computers can use it to create bootable USB installers. However, before creating a macOS Catalina USB installer using this software, make sure you have the following:
- Download the UltraDMG app on a Windows PC.
- One 16 GB of USB drive.
- macOS Catalina DMG file
After you’ve met the above requirements, you can start the process of creating a bootable USB installer for macOS Catalina on Windows 10.
- To create a USB installer, connect the USB drive to your PC or laptop.
- Run the “UltraDMG” software as an administrator.
- Before you can burn the DMG file to the USB, the software must format the flash drive. So check that your files are not on the USB.
- Next, it will take you to the options to get started. You can either burn or extract the DMG file.
- If you want to create a USB installer, click the first option and continue.
- Next, browse and locate and select the DMG file from the folder on the computer and tap “Burn”.
- The app starts burning the DMG file to USB and creates a macOS Catalina USB installer on Windows 10.
When it is successful, the message “Burning Complete” will be displayed on the screen. You can then disconnect and use the macOS Catalina USB installer as needed. You can also get help from the official video tutorials created by the UltraDMG group.
Method 2. Create a macOS Catalina USB installer on Windows 10 using TransMac
TransMac is one of the most popular tools for creating a bootable USB installer for macOS on Windows PCs. Before you begin, make sure you have the following:
- Download TransMac on a Windows PC.
- macOS Catalina DMG file.
- USB stick with at least 16 GB memory.
After you have met all of the above requirements, you are ready to start the process.
- To create a USB installer, connect your USB Flash drive on the Windows 10 PC or laptop.
- Next, run the TransMac App as administrator.
- Now, format the USB drive and rename it if necessary.
- Then tap Search and choose the macOS Catalina DMG file from the computer’s download folder.
- After adding the file, tap Create USB Installer and wait for the process to complete.
It may take about 10 minutes for the process to complete. Once the software creates the bootable USB installer for macOS Catalina, you can disconnect your USB flash drive and use it to install and reinstall macOS Catalina on your MacBook, MacBook Pro, iMac, and others.
Method 3. Create a macOS Catalina USB installation program under Windows 10 with the “DMG Editor”
UUbyte DMG Editor is another software that can be used to create macOS Catalina USB installation disks on a Windows 10 PC. Even if it is due to unexpected issues, you will not be able to use the above two software. As an alternative, the DMG editor is another great piece of software.
The interface of this particular software is similar to the UltraDMG interface and there are many similarities between the two software. Also, the process of creating a bootable USB installer is almost the same on both devices.
That’s it. Here’s how you can create a bootable USB installer for macOS Catalina on a Windows 10 PC or laptop with the use of third-party software. Creating a bootable UBS installer used to be so difficult and time consuming, but with the advent of new software, it’s easy to do in simple steps. In addition, there can be many other programs that can also be checked out. But we think there is no more reliable and easier way to do this.
- How to change the background color of highlighted or selected text in Windows 10
- How to prevent text messages from being copied on WhatsApp
- How to Connect Samsung DeX Wireless to a Windows 10 PC or Laptop