Are you looking for a way to wirelessly connect Samsung DeX to your laptop or enable DeX wirelessly? a pc? Samsung DeX Wireless is a useful new feature available on Samsung Galaxy devices running Android 10 based on One UI 2.5. Before, you had to use Samsung DeX on your laptop or smart TV by cable, but now you can wirelessly connect Samsung DeX Wireless to your PC / laptop or smart TV. So in this article you will learn How to Connect Samsung DeX Wireless to a Windows 10 PC or Laptop but first, Let us know some basics.
Samsung Wireless DeX in one user interface 2.5
Wireless DeX support is one of the key new features in One UI 2.5. This feature allows you to mirror your phone’s screen to a supported TV or PC and control your Windows TV and PC with multi-finger gestures by using it as a touchpad.
Samsung DeX has many different features that best suit your needs. Samsung DeX mode allows your device to have a PC-like experience on a big screen with the same apps you use on your phone every day. Finally, you can use DeX mode on your monitor while using different apps on your device at the same time, or turn your device into an input device to control the DeX environment.
The best part is that it’s free. The DeX platform is built into the software of many new Samsung mobile devices, so all you need to use DeX is a screen such as a PC or laptop. You don’t need a USB cable or a Samsung DeX app.
Benefits of Using Samsung DeX on Windows / Mac on Samsung Galaxy
- Easy file transfers between Windows and Dex.
- You can use the DeX window to take calls and send text messages while you are still working on your PC apps and files.
- A great alternative to apps like BlueStacks for playing Android-only games on the big screen.
- Increase productivity with a mobile desktop.
Wireless DeX requirements
If you want to set up and use Samsung Wireless DeX on Windows 10 laptop or PC. You need the following requirements:
- Any laptop that runs Windows 10/7 or MacOS versions over 10.13
- A Samsung Galaxy S9 or higher runs on Samsung One user interface 2.5 based on Android10.
How to connect Samsung DeX Wireless to a Windows 10 PC or laptop
Before you start, make sure your two devices (your Samsung Galaxy & Windows PC) are connected to the same network.
Please carefully follow the steps below to connect and use Samsung DeX Wireless on PC and laptop running Windows 10:
- To use “Key + me” to open the settings then search and select system.
- Now tap on Project to this PC from the left sidebar and make sure Available everywhere Some Windows and Android devices can project onto this PC if you allow the option.
- Now on yours Samsung Galaxy swipe down twice Notification panel or quick settings panel and then click on DeX Option on your Samsung smartphone.
- Now choose yours PC name to connect and use Samsung DeX wireless on PC and laptop. Then tap Start now.
- Next, you will get a notification stating that [Phone] tries to project Select on the screen of your Windows PC or laptop Always allowed and click OK.
- The Samsung DeX Wireless is now successfully wirelessly connected to your laptop or PC.
- Next, if you want to use your phone as a touchpad, pull down the notification panel, then select Use your phone as a touchpad.
- Now you will see a touchpad on your phone’s screen. Use your finger or S Pen to move the pointer and access your apps.
If you want to disconnect, swipe down the notification panel twice and just toggle the DeX option off.
That’s it. Here’s how you can use Samsung DeX Wireless and connect it to a Windows 10 PC or laptop. Now whenever you want, just connect your phone to your PC and control the movements of the cursor from there. Say no to the touchpad! Good luck!
- Here’s how to add and delete a wireless display on a Windows 10 PC
- How to disable WiFi in Windows 10 using CMD or Powershell
- How to change Siri’s accent and voice on iOS 14 or later easily Later