If you use a laptop, tablet, or even a desktop computer, you may have a WiFi connection as it is the easiest way to access the network and internet without wasting time on cables. In this guide we will show you Here’s how to quickly connect a Windows 11 computer to WiFi using your system tray and command prompt.
However, as long as you know the steps to connect it will be very handy. If you’re using Windows 11, there are a few ways to quickly connect to the internet over a WiFi connection, whether you’re setting up your device for the first time, connecting in a new location, or just looking for an effective way to do several Connect devices to the same network.
Connected: How to enable and disable WiFi or Ethernet in Windows 11
Some of the advantages of the WiFi network
- Easy to set up: Setting up a wireless network as a wired network is as easy as adding a computer to the network. No cables need to be attached and the user can move around the signal area at will.
- cover: Although coverage is limited, wireless technology has improved over the past decade and allows good coverage within a certain range. You can also use extenders and range boosters if you need a wider range of uses.
- Unlimited users: Unlike wired networks, wireless networks let you add more users without changing your hardware, but with too many users bandwidth and speed can be an issue.
- Comfort, flexibility and efficiency: Wireless networks can be very useful for businesses that have hot desks or share offices. When you need to get around the workplace, wireless networks let you get around without worrying about access points or cables.
- Costs: Wireless routers have become so affordable in recent years that the cost of setting up wireless networks will not necessarily be prohibitive. In some cases it is cheaper to install a wireless network.
1. Connect to the WLAN on a Windows 11 PC or laptop via the taskbar
Connecting your Windows 11 PC or laptop to a WiFi network is one of the easiest ways to use it. This is how to do it:
- Tap that network Icon in the corner of the system tray and click the right angle bracket icon (>) next to the WiFi symbol in the pop-up window
- Next, click on the WiFi network you want to connect to, then tap the On Connect button.
- Then enter the password of the selected wireless network (if asked) and click on the Next Possibility.
- If you have now entered the WiFi password correctly, you will see the status “Connected, secure” under the WiFi network.
Note: If you want to disconnect WiFi from your Windows 11 PC or laptop, tap the Wireless Internet access Icon in the system tray, select the connected WiFi and just click the Disconnect button.
2. Connect a Windows 11 computer to the WiFi using the command prompt
The second option for you is to use Command Prompt to connect your Windows 11 computer to a WiFi connection. This is possible:
- Open the command prompt by searching for “cmd” or “command prompt” in the start menu.
- Next, tap on the cmd icon and select ‘Execute as administrator‘on the right under the app name.
- Then click on the ‘Yes‘at the command prompt asking for permission to make changes to your system.
- Now copy and paste the following command and then press Enter to view the available WiFi networks.
- Show netsh wlan profiles
- Finally, enter the user profile name of this particular network after ‘name =’ in the command below.
- netsh wlan connect name =
- netsh wlan connect name =
That’s it! These are two quick ways to get a WiFi connection on a Windows 11 PC or laptop. You can use any of the above methods to enjoy the internet on your computer. Hope this guide will help, and please post your questions in the comment section below if you come across any. Good luck! Enjoy Windows 11!
- How to enable and disable hibernation on a Windows 11 PC
- How to find your IP address on a Windows 11 PC