If you go to the Start menu, you’ll see your recent search history and any apps you’ve recently used. On the other hand, your computer is being used by others and you don’t want them to see or view your search history. Then you are right here. This post will help you to easily clear and disable the history of the taskbar search box in Windows 10.
Why Clear or Disable Windows 10 Search Field History?
Microsoft allows its users to browse Windows 10 through the Start menu and the taskbar. Although they all use the same search component, their interfaces and products are different. On the one hand, you can find the installed programs in the “Start” menu. The search window in the taskbar shows your most frequently used apps at the top, the recently searched content for quick access at the bottom left and the weather or important news on the right.
While some users find the recent searches displayed in the search bar useful for quickly and easily revisiting these topics, not all do. If you have searched for personal information and find that it can be viewed by others in the “Search History” section, you may find it disturbing.
If you’re the type of guy who doesn’t want others to see your searches then this guide is for you. Here I show how to turn off and clear the search history of the taskbar search box in Windows 10. This is a great way to keep your search activity from being tracked and synced from your Windows 10 computer.
Clear and Disable Taskbar Search Box History in Windows 10 PC or Laptop
Before you begin, it’s important to note that we’re showing you how to permanently turn off the search history setting that appears in the taskbar search box. You can also remove the individual searches without having to give up the function entirely.
To remove each search, all you have to do is drag your cursor over the search item you want to delete, then click the “X” icon on the right side of the item. As you can see, when you delete a search entry, the previous entry is added to the Recent Searches list. For example, if you delete the first entry, the other entries move up one place and a new previously searched entry is found at the bottom.
To turn off and clear the search history of the taskbar search box in Windows 10, you need to do the following:
- Find your Windows the settings in the search field of the taskbar or open it directly with the “Windows + me” Keyboard shortcuts.
- Search for Permissions & history in the search bar at the top of the settings window.
- Scroll down to the Gradient Subtitle.
- Uncheck the option to save this device’s search history.
- If you want to delete the search history that your computer has previously cataloged, all you have to do is click “Delete device search history“Button.
- If you activate this feature later and do not want to delete your existing history, these searches will appear again.
That’s it. Here’s how to clear and disable the history of the taskbar search box in Windows 10. Now you can close the settings page and open the search box to see that the section of the search history that you previously viewed has now disappeared and under “Top Apps” there is “Quick Search.” Good luck! Your privacy is important!
- Here’s how to add and delete a wireless display on a Windows 10 PC
- How to disable WiFi in Windows 10 using CMD or Powershell
- How to turn off Apple TV keyboard notification on iPhone and iPad