Download Orbot for Windows PCHere I share the process to download and use this Android Tor app on your Windows laptops or computers.
The Orbot app was developed and released by The Tor Project in October 2008 on the Google Play Store.
|developer||The Tor Project|
|Updated||25 January 2023|
|Requirements||Windows 7, 8 or 10|
Now, to use Orbot on Windows PC, we have to use the Android emulator. Because there is no official version of this app available on Windows or Mac Store.
Currently, this app has more than 10 million downloads and is rated 4.1 by more than 150,000 users on the Google Play Store.
Before we start the installation of this app on our Windows PC or Mac, let us have a look at some details of this app. Orbot is a free proxy app available for mobile devices that helps you use other apps more securely.
This application uses the Tor private network and encrypts your Internet traffic so that your connection is secure on the Internet.
Here, the orbot app for PC or mobile hides your IP address by bouncing your traffic through a series of computers around the world.
This application is specially designed to be used to hide your identity on the Internet, and not only with the browser but also with other applications.
Here we have one more prescriptive thing and that is that this is not just a browser that hides your identity while browsing the internet.
But with orbot mobile or Windows PC app, you can hide your identity while using any other apps like Youtube, Messing app, other social media apps etc.
Also, this app is powered by Tor, which is free and open source software that helps you defend against network surveillance.
So now let us discuss the step by step installation process of this Android tor app on our Windows PC.
Download Orbot for Windows PC → Method 1
Now to install this Android tor app on our PC, we need to use Android emulator because there is no official version available on Windows or Mac Store.
Follow the step by step process to install Orbot on our Windows computer or PC.
- First, we need an android emulator, you can use any of its options, but here I am going to use bluestacks.
- Download the emulator from the official website, install it on your PC and complete the Google login process.
- Then open the Play Store app and search for the Orbot app on PC and select the official app.
- Click on the install button and it will automatically start installing this android tor app on your emulator.
- Once the app is installed, you can see the Orbot icon on your desktop, click on it to launch the app.
- The app screen will look like the screenshot below, but may be different if you are using a different version.
This was the complete installation of Orbot on a Windows PC and I hope you can install it. Now you can browse any app available on your emulator with a powerful and secure network.
Here I have covered some frequently asked questions that can help you download or use Orbot on your PC.
This is a proxy app that helps you hide your identity on the internet with a private network while using other apps.
There is no official version of this app available for PC. But you can use it with the help of an Android emulator or you can use Tor Browser on your PC.
No, this is not a VPN app, this app is designed for mobile users to get tor functionality on their mobile devices.
For that, you need an Android emulator on your PC. And then you can install this app on your Windows PC.
No, both are different uses, Tor is just a browser available for your mobile and PC. But with the orbot, you can encrypt data from your other apps like emails, youtube etc.
These are some of the questions and answers and I hope you got your answer. If you still have doubts, let me know in the comment box, I will help you solve them.
Install Orbot VPN for PC → Method 2
You may get an error when downloading the Orbot app from the Play Store. So, here in this method, we will use the apk file of this Android tor app and install it on the emulator.
- The first step is to download, install and open the Android emulator and complete all the other steps.
- You can skip the Google login process because we are going to use the Orbot apk file to install the app.
- Next, get an apk file, drag and drop the file to the Android emulator to start the installation.
- It will start the installation of Orbot on PC when we install the app on our Android devices.
- Once installed, you can use this Android tor app on PC as we discussed in our previous method.
Here, make sure to download orbot apk file from trustworthy sources. And then just install it on your windows emulator.
Features of Orbot App for PC
Before you download and use this app, check out our features below for more ideas about this android tor app.
- The first feature of this app is that it supports all the apps installed on your mobile phone, there is no specific limitation.
- You can safely browse social media websites or apps with the help of orbot pc app on your windows android emulator.
- According to the tor community and developers, orbot is currently the safest way to browse the internet on Android.
- The main thing about this app is that it bounces traffic from many computers around the world, which makes it very secure.
- Also, the user interface of the orbot Windows PC app is very good. It is easy to use and there are no complications in the application.
These were some of the best features of this app, but yes, there are many others that I didn’t cover here. I recommend you go and download the orbot app on your Mac or Windows machine with an emulator and give it a try.
Also check out the installation process for the InShot, Granny, and Moj apps that we have covered in our previous articles.
Here we have seen a complete process to download Orbot for Windows PC and hope now you can use this app.
If you get any errors while installing this app, please let me know here. And if you liked this article, share it on your social networks.