Windows11

How to recover lost data in Windows 11

Written by Windows Admin

If you lost your data like photos, documents or important files on Windows 11. Don’t worry, you will have every chance to recover lost files without hesitation if you take the right action.

Why can I have every chance of recovering lost data on Windows 11?

Typically, people lose their data due to deletion (95% chance), formatting (4% chance), or hard drive damage (1% chance). In this article on how to recover data, you will have a 99% chance of recovering everything except hard drive damage, and at the end of this article, it will teach you how to recover data lost due to hard drive damage.

Where are these lost files?

It does not matter if your system is Windows 11, 10 or any other system, they do the same operation to save files to the hard drive. The system is King and the files are resident. When a king wants to find his man and talk to him, how does a king know the location of a specific resident? The king will ask a secretary to find that resident. The employee is the key for King and residents to connect.

Once you deleted some files by mistake, it means the king cut off the employee’s memory part, and this memory stores the place where the cut off residents live. So the secretary can no longer help the king connect the lost residents, but those residents still live in their original places, until the new residents take their places. Before the new residents take the place of the old ones, King can win back those old residents, but he pays more time.

So if you deleted files by mistake, they are still on the hard drive somewhere. And if you formatted the hard drive, quick format (usually), all the files are still on the hard drive, but the system doesn’t know what and where they are.

See also  Download Asphalt 8 for PC Windows

Now that the deleted or formatted files are still there, you of course have a chance to get them back.

How to have all the chances of recovering deleted or formatted files?

As I told you just now, the deleted or formatted files are still on the hard drive. But if you saved new files on that hard drive, those new files can take the place of the old files, so you will never be able to recover your lost data again.

So the first thing to do once you find out that you deleted files or formatted the hard drive or partitions by mistake is to turn off the computer, take out the hard drive, and then connect it to another computer as an external drive.

The tool to recover lost data

I am not an affiliate of any tool nor do I sell any of my own tools. So the only thing is a suggestion to download a data recovery software. There is quite a bit of data recovery on the market. Google “free data recovery software for Windows 11”, download two or three data recovery software and install them on that other computer, try a free scan, see if they can find the files you want to recover or not.

If you scan and give you the files you want, some files can be recovered for free, such as images, some kind of document, or free for 2GB files. You will get your files back.

It is up to you whether the files are valuable to pay back for those data recovery software for Windows 11.

See also  How to Share Folders between Host and Guest OS in VirtualBox?

What happens if a hard drive goes bad?

Finally, this situation is complicated. If Windows 11 cannot identify this hard drive, the data recovery software can no longer work. Right now, the only thing left for you is to find a manual data recovery service to do the recovery. However, you know, it is very expensive, usually hundreds of dollars. You will make that decision.

conclusion

How to recover lost data in Windows 11 is not a big problem as the lost data recovery technology is highly developed.

About the author

Windows Admin

Leave a Comment