If you are facing MSVCR120.dll missing on Windows PC/Laptop, read on to know how to fix MSVCR120.dll missing on Windows PC?
Salvation! Internet users, How are you all, I hope all is well, Today we are here with a new concept, that is everyone facing MSVCR120.dll is missing from Windows PC , I think you are looking for the repair methods to fix the problem, for such type of people, you have come to the right place and this article is the best reference to know.
In this article, we are ready to discuss the reasons behind the MSVCR120.dll and briefly explain the effective methods to fix the issue.
- 1 Methods to Fix MSVCR120.dll Missing on Windows PC
Reasons behind the MSVCR120.dll is missing on Windows PC
Some of the major reasons why MSVCR120.dll is missing from Windows PC are
- Lack of update
- Due to presence of corrupted and damaged game files
- Some issues are caused by missing packages, so you need to re-download the packages from Microsoft.
- Deleting the DLL file without any prior notification and releasing the DLL file.
Methods to Fix MSVCR120.dll Missing on Windows PC
Some methods to fix MSVCR120.dll missing on Windows PC are
- Install Microsoft Visual C++
- Uninstall the program and reinstall it
- Run the Windows SFC
- Update program
- Scan for computer viruses
- Copy MSVCR120.dll to program folder
Method #1: Install Microsoft Visual C++
Most of the time, Visual C++-based programs automatically rearrange and add the appropriate package components to the computer during installation.
To do this, the user needs to follow a few simple steps
- First, move to The start menu.
- Then click on Settings.
- Then select the apps list option.
- After that, the user has to go through the Apps and features.
- Scroll down then you need to check Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable, user may notice x64, x86 independent listings of the same package until you can run 32 bit version of Windows.
To note: If you haven’t noticed the Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable, you can install it manually, go to Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribution Packages for Visual Studio 2013 official website, then choose Download and hold the vredist_x64.exe and vcredist_x86.exe installers.
- The user should follow the instructions to run the two installers one after another to install the Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable, finally restart the computer and check if the MSVCR120.dll is missing error is resolved or not .
Instead of the Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable installers in the program installation source which causes the MSVCR120.dll missing error and it is available in the VCRedist folder.
Method #2: Uninstall the program and reinstall it
If you are facing MSVCR120.dll missing error on Windows PC, you just need to uninstall the program and then reinstall it again to fix the problem. To do this, the user needs to follow a few simple steps.
- Initially, on a keyboard, you need to press Windows+R Keys at once to launch the Run dialog box.
- Then enter appwiz. plc then press the Okay button.
- Now the user needs to right-click on the program that is causing the error and then press Uninstall.
- Here we assume that the error is due to Python, so just right-click on Python and then select Uninstall option.
- The user must follow the on-screen instructions to confirm the To delete.
- Finally, reboot/reboot the computer and then reinstall the program and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Method #3: Run Windows SFC
We all know that Windows System File Checker is an essential program which is used to scan corrupt and damaged files on the system and also repair them, in order to fix MSVCR120.dll missing error on Windows PC, you need to run the Windows SFC.
Follow the simple steps below
- First, navigate to the To look for bar under Windows.
- Then type ordered then you have to right click on the Command Prompt at run it as administrator.
- Now in this entry sfc/scannow then hit Enter.
- It will start scanning the system and also try to repair and fix the issues.
- After the process is completed, the user should launch the program and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Method #4: Updater
One of the best ways to fix MSVCR120.dll is missing on Windows PC, due to lack of update, we are also facing this problem, in order to fix the problem, user should update the program, just go to the developer official website then search for the latest version of the application installer, then update the program, then reinstall the program.
Method #5: Scan for Computer Viruses
Sometimes due to the presence of virus or malware, the firmware on the system, we face the MSVCR120.dll not found or missing from the Windows PC, so these are mostly due to malware i.e. Trojan which will affect the dll files.
The user should scan the system for virus, malware and run the antivirus program, using Windows Defender and also with the other antivirus programs like Norton and AVG Antivirus Free.
You can perform the full virus scan for Windows system and the process takes time. So you must be patient during the process as it covers every part of the system.
After the scan is complete, the user must restart the computer.
You can also try the simple steps below to scan the system for viruses and malware, here we are using Windows built-in security tool, you can just search for it in the search bar and then choose Virus Protection. viruses and threats, choose scan options and switch to Full scan, then select Scan option.
Method #6: Copy MSVCR120.dll to program folder
You can easily solve this problem by copying the MSVCR120.dll file to the Program folder. To do this, the user needs to follow a few simple steps.
The user can search for both 64-bit and 32-bit versions of the MSVCR120.dll file and then copy it to the following directories.
- Local disk (C:) > the Windows > System32 —64-bit version
- Local disk (C:) > the Windows > SysWOW64 —32-bit version
Frequently Asked Questions?
- issue 1) How to run the DISM tool?
Responnse: Not only with SFC, user can also run DISM tool to fix missing MSVCR120.dll on Windows PC.
- First, launch the PowerShell command box and run it as administrator.
- In this, you need to enter the following commands and then press Enter one after another.
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
3. After the execution is completed, the user should restart the computer, run the application and check whether the MSVCR120.DLL missing error is fixed or not.
- issue 2) What is MSVCP120.dll?
Responnse: MSVCP120.dll is a Microsoft C Runtime Library file and its size is 645 KB. It is located in the System 32 folder and is usually installed by Microsoft Visual Studio.
This article clearly explains why MSVCR120.dll is missing on Windows PC and explains the repair methods to fix the problem, the methods are simple and easy, they can quickly fix the problem.
People who are looking for the fixing methods to fix MSVCR120.dll is missing from Windows PC and want to know the reasons behind the problem for such type of people. This article is the best reference.
Thank you for reading this article, I hope this article is useful for you for more updates and information, visit and follow our site omgeeky