Pi Browser is a browser app that you can use to browse, communicate with other people, and transact with pi coins. It is an Android app that you can freely download from the Google Play Store and use it freely as well.
The browser has a built-in wallet for Pi coins that allows users to make transactions. Here are some things you need to know about Pi Browser and how you can download it on your PC.
10 things about the Pi browser
- You may need to create a pi mining app before you think about using the Pi Browser app.
- Pi Browser wallet is the official pi mining app wallet.
- You can download the browser from the Google Play store for free.
- You may need to keep your passphrase secure elsewhere.
- You can use the ‘sknepali’ token when creating a pi account.
- The passphrase is not stored on the Pi Browser server.
- It may be impossible to recover the passphrase.
- You will get 100 pi coins as a bonus which you can use for testing.
- You can send or receive pi proofs to anyone and also check them in history.
- Avoid downloading the pi from anywhere except Google Play Store.
How to create a wallet in the Pi browser
As we mentioned above, you cannot use a Pi Browser without having a Pi Browser Wallet, so you must create one before downloading the browser.
This is how a pi wallet is created;
- Open your pi wallet.
- Click on it.
- Keep your Pi user ID.
- Use the provided passphrase.
- Click create my wallet.
Every time you want to use the Pi Browser app, you’ll need to enter your passphrase. Therefore, you must keep the passphrase very secure.
Your passphrase cannot be redeemed at any cost if you forget or lose it. So, to avoid this big mishap, you need to keep the passphrase securely. Make sure you have not forgotten your password at any time.
There is no recovery option for your passphrase, so make sure you have saved the passphrase in a safe place.
How to download Pi Browser for your Android device
Transacting, browsing, or communicating with people on your phone is so much fun because you do it from a single point of view.
As we said, Pi Browser is an Android app that you can easily download from the Google Play Store. The app is completely free, so you don’t have to pay anything to use the browser.
The browser will allow you to browse, chat and also transact with the pi wallet on your android phone.
Pi Browser for PC (Windows and Mac)
As we said, Pi Browser is an Android app. So can you use it on your PC? Yes you can, but you need to use an emulator to download the Pi Browser app for PC.
Like most Android apps, you can’t download them directly from the Google Play Store. You will have to use an emulator to do this.
What exactly is an emulator? An emulator is software that allows someone to download an Android app and also use it on any computer device.
No matter what operating system is available, with an Android emulator you can download the application without problems. However, you should also know that there are specific emulators that work better for different operating systems.
For example, Nox app player works best for Mac devices while BlueStacks works best for Windows OS.
How to Download Pi Browser for PC
For this tutorial, you need to use the BlueStacks Android emulator by downloading the Pi Browser app for PC. BlueStacks is a free Android emulator that you can freely download from its official site mentioned above.
Here are some crucial minimum BlueStacks requirements;
- Windows 7 and above.
- The processor must be AMD or Intel.
- At least 4 GB of RAM.
- 5 GB of free space for space.
- You must be the administrator of your PC.
- Updated graphics.
Once you are sure that you meet all the BlueStacks requirements, you can download the app on your PC.
- After downloading BlueStacks, sign in to your Google account.
- Visit the Google Play Store.
- Search for Pi Browser for PC.
- Click install.
Pi Browser FAQ
1. What is the Pi Browser for?
Pi Browser is simply an app that you can use to browse, chat, and transact pi coins.
You can get the Pi Browser app from the Google Play Store for free.
2. Is the Pi browser secure?
Yes, the Pi Browser is totally safe to use. However, you must make sure that the passphrase is secure, as it is impossible to retrieve it once you forget it.
3. Is Pi Browser available for Windows 10?
Pi Browser is only available to download directly from the Google Play Market for Android devices. To download for PC you need an emulator.
Also read: How to run Phoenix Browser on your computer