Choosing a hardware wallet is a daunting task because there are many options. However, people get confused between the two most popular ones- Trezor model one and Model T. Both have unique features that people always look for when selecting a wallet. These wallets provide an excellent experience to the users.
People can’t decide between these two hardware wallets due to some reason. Even though they are good enough to use for people, there are some things that they should consider first. There are many differences between Trezor Model One and Model T, but similarities are also present. You have to decide on one after analyzing everything about them. You should never make haste while selecting this. It might hurt you in the future.
One of the most significant differences is that the Trezor One came earlier than the Trezor Model T. Also, it was the first hardware wallet that the Satoshi Labs Team launched. The new one is the Trezor Model T, which has many advanced features you couldn’t find in the first model. It is crucial to compare Trezor Model T vs. Trezor One to pick the right option from them.
Let’s now discuss their differences in detail. So, you can make a perfect choice for yourself. We will also provide you with some tips that might help you in selecting the best hardware wallet.
What Is The Difference Between Trezor Model T And Trezor One?
If you genuinely want to understand which is the best option, you should have some knowledge about the popular ones. Trevor Model T and Trezor One are the two most suitable options. But the comparison between them has a lot to do with choosing one.
Trezor one is the first-ever hardware wallet. It was created and launched in 2011. This particular wallet is popular because it was the first on the market. But it is a bit surprising that people still prefer it over others. This creation provides the best storage for cryptocurrencies. No other wallet can beat this one in terms of quality. You can find different options, but this one is more credible.
- Material of the case: As mentioned earlier, this hardware wallet has impressive quality. It has an ABS plastic material case. It protects the wallet from any physical damage or harm. Apart from that, chemical corrosion is not a problem in this case. It is pretty durable, unlike other ones. So, that is one of the reasons why people like it.
- Quality of the processor: The processor of Trezor is also excellent. The ARM Cortex-M3 processor provides quick access to your cryptocurrencies without any trouble. It runs on 120MHz.
- Safety and security: Safety and security are essential for digital currencies. Hardware wallets are the best for securing the cryptocurrencies you own. Trezor One provides excellent protection with unique features. The options a viable for the users are as follows-
- Cold storage: You might already know cold storage. It keeps digital currencies safe in the wallet. There is a private key that you can use to access them. Only you will have the same. So, all the cryptocurrencies will be safe in the wallet. The cold storage option can provide you with many benefits.
- Restoring is possible: You can restore the data and everything in Trezor One by using the recovery seeds. But you will need a keyboard.
- Pin code: You can also set up a pin code and use it as a security password for keeping the crypto safe. The primary use of the same is that it will not allow unknown sources to access your cryptocurrencies. It doesn’t matter if you forget the pin. You can use recovery seed to recover everything.
- Address verification: Another security feature is address verification. The wallet won’t allow sending or receiving digital coins once you have verified the address.
- Two-factor authentication: It is also a beneficial security feature for most users.
Trezor Model T
Trezor Model T has some additional features. It was created after Trezor One. We can say that it is an advanced hardware wallet because of this reason. People who like Trezor One will always appreciate this model because the experience will be enhanced. Let’s now look at the features.
- The material of the case: The case is sturdy as it is made up of ABS+PC plastic. The physical damages and harm won’t affect this case at all.
- Processor: The processor of Trezor Model T is ARM Cortex-M4. It is pretty excellent at doing the work it is supposed to do.
- Memory card slot: You will be surprised that this hardware wallet has an SD card slot. It means you can encrypt our PIN by using it.
- Compatible USB-C port: You can easily connect this port to other devices and get access to your cryptocurrencies. Mobile phones and PCs are the two most significant devices. This hardware wallet provides good compatibility.
- Security features: The security features are primarily similar to the Trezor One, but they are a bit more advanced.
- Recovery Seed: Recovery is more convenient in this model than in the previous one. You don’t need a keyboard for the same.
- Pin code: The pin code feature is available with this hardware wallet as well.
- Address Verification: Trezor T is better than one in the case of address verification. Reading information is difficult in the previous model.
- Cold storage: Cold storage is present on Trezor T. So you can keep your digital coins safe.
What Are The Tips For Choosing A Hardware Wallet?
You have to consider some things before selecting a wallet. They are as follows-
- Price: The price of the hardware wallet matters a lot. You should select according to your budget.
- Features: Don’t forget to compare the wallets according to their features.
- Security options: The security options are crucial to keeping everything safe.
Now, you can easily decide between these two hardware wallets. All you have to do is compare them in detail and make your choice. It is not a challenging thing to do.